The MILE missile was born soon after the conception of the MIL missile. The same team of researchers that had weaponized the MIL were looking into yet other ways they could add to the destructive force of the MIL. They wanted greater range, and higher explosive payload but could not figure out how for the longest time. Then they decided to use a tributary system, a secondary fuel carrier and engine. That would take care of the range, but what to do about the high explosives? There answer was Hydrogen and Tibanna Gas chambers. Within the secondary module to the MILE missile were two separate chambers, one containing Hydrogen the other, Tibanna.
- The MILE missile would launch, the two sections traveling longer distances than the MIL missile alone could.
- The first section of the MILE missile, the one containing the boring bits of the MIL system, would cut through the armor plating and continue through into the ship, once its folding tail sections "popped" out (signalling the missile that it was inside the ship) the first section would detach from the second. At this time an internal timer would start.
- The second section of the MILE missile would follow the first but would only continue until the first section would separate from it then it would deploy its own flared tail section, this would stab into the surrounding metal (the armor that the second section would not have entirely cleared) bringing the second section to a halt. Once the flared tail had deployed, the chambers containing the Hydrogen and Tibanna would open, allowing the two gasses to enter into the ship's interior.
- After a set amount of time (enough to allow the entirety of the Hydrogen and Tibanna to enter the ship) the detonator pin of the first section would activate, causing it to detonate.
- The added Hydrogen and Tibanna would ignite, causing the explosion to intensify.
The MILE system was not without its drawbacks, when fired against a vessel that still had its shields it would do no more damage to the shields than the MIL missile alone would: The Hydrogen and Tibanna being unable to ignite. Therefore an essential waste of 1,000 credits. Compound the total number launched and you would have wasted a hefty sum indeed.
- Capital Ship borne missile
- Ranged (Projectile, Piercing, High Explosive)